Perfectly aligned teeth are ideal for most people, it can significantly enhance their smile which is essential in dealing with other people. Correctly aligned teeth can also improve a patient’s dental health. Misalignments, overcrowding, or malocclusions causes difficult teeth cleaning with just a toothbrush, floss, and mouth rinsing. With that issue, food particles can get stuck in the hard to reach areas in the mouth, which can potentially serve as the breeding ground for bacteria. Bacterias can produce acids which can attack the enamel and cause damage leading to tooth decay and even gum disease. Premier Dentistry of Philadelphia is proud to offer a solution for dental concerns that involve teeth alignments with the help of Invisalign, for a discreet and comfortable treatment and pleasing and healthy smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a specific brand of a clear and removable aligner, which is made from transparent and flexible thermoplastic materials. It can correct teeth abnormalities without the use of metal brackets and archwires and provides a comfortable, convenient, and safe treatment for patients who want to achieve straighter teeth. Impressions are taken for the dentist to create a proper and specific treatment plan for the patient. With treatment plan laid out by the dentist, Invisalign trays are created by set and sequence that should be strictly followed by the patients for an effective treatment.
How does Invisalign change smiles?
Invisalign trays apply a much-controlled pressure to the teeth that gradually move it in the desired position. The aligner trays are worn day and night even when sleeping for a total of 20 to 22 hours a day. Patients themselves can switch to a new tray depending on the sequence for a different pressure distribution every two weeks. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign treatment does not require multiple visits for the dentist for readjustments. Appointments should be scheduled every four to six weeks for the dentist to keep track of the patient’s teeth movements and to provide a different set of the aligner trays if necessary.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Made with transparent and flexible materials, it straightens teeth without the use of unsightly metal brackets and wires that can also get in the way of talking and eating.
- It is easier to keep it sanitized due to its removability, with the use of a soft-bristled toothbrush and lukewarm water and gentle scrubbing, it can sufficiently maintain the aligner trays.
- Since Invisalign does not use any metal brackets and wires, it is much safer to use, and it cannot cause any harm to the soft tissues in the mouth.
- Convenience is also a focus in Invisalign treatments; it does not require multiple dental visits for adjustments which is why it is ideal for on-the-go people.
- Invisalign are hardly noticeable when worn which is why it is highly popular among teens and even adults for teeth straightening procedures.
- It lets patients enjoy foods without any restrictions compared to traditional braces. Invisalign trays are removed during eating and drinking beverages except for water.
Bring out your best smile with Invisalign in Philadelphia, book your appointments with Premier Dentistry of Philadelphia! Call us so that you will experience outstanding results to make your teeth naturally beautiful and healthy.