Dental Implants is the replacement of the teeth with the use of a titanium screw that is implanted in the jawbone. It provides stability to the jawbone without damaging the teeth. It is the most reliable option for replacing the teeth allowing the new teeth to function naturally. Dental Implants are the only dental restoration that preserves the natural bone. Millions of people in the United States have implants, and they are growing annually.
Premier Dentistry of Philadelphia provides patients with Dental Implants Services to help them restore their smile as well as their teeth.
To make your dental implants last for a lifetime, you may need to follow adequate aftercare including home care and professional maintenance. Here are different dental implants aftercare to remember:
- Always practice proper oral hygiene. Regularly brushing and flossing will help you clean your new implants and avoid unnecessary smell that might aggravate if lacking proper oral care.
- Use salt water mouth rinse during the first week of your dental implant treatment. Saltwater has healing properties that might be beneficial for your newly implanted teeth.
- Avoid doing activities that require physical exertion as it might encourage bleeding. Contact your dentist immediately in case you experience this.
- Avoid smoking as it might prevent you from healing.
- Alcohol intake can increase the bleeding of the implanted site.
- Place an ice pack on the side of your cheek to avoid swelling or discomfort.
- If prescribed any antibiotics from your dentist, make sure to finish them to avoid injury.
- Try not to disturb the surgical area with your tongue to prevent swelling and bleeding.
- Stay hydrated but as much as possible avoid drinking hot drinks.
- Do not eat when the local anesthetic has not yet worn off.
Here are some foods to try after your Dental Implant treatment:
- Soups like creamed or egg soups
- Fruits such as bananas, avocados, and seedless watermelon
- Milkshakes are a good substitute for your hot coffee
- Pancakes and cheesecakes
- Fresh fruit juices
- Cottage cheeses and applesauce
- Scrambled eggs
- Ice cream
- Steamed broccoli, carrots and squash
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Visit us at 1601 Walnut Street #1025, Philadelphia, PA 19102 to know more about Dental Implants in Philadelphia, or to schedule your appointment with Premier Dentistry of Philadelphia.